Roost Menís Group
Group Conscience Minutes:
Attendance: Ben B, Dave
W, Don S, Craig B, Larry, Ben C, Randy, Ken C
- Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer
Dave(GSR): Attended March
District 24 meeting. There are open opportunities for variety of positions
including Archives, CPC, Corrections, Treatment, Grapevine, etc. District 34
June 4th Founders Day planning meeting on April 24th. PI workshop coming up
(picnic). Attended Area 10 assembly - lots of interesting topics/breakouts.
Hot Topic: Grapevine lost $0.5M last year. District budget looks good,
however, RR contribution for Q2 looks low.
- Don(Intergroup/Literature): Intergroup highlights:
looking at how to use www site bouldercounty.org to better carry the message -
stories, archives, anonimity. Archive meeting April 9. Central Office:
155 calls/visits, 80 purchases, 15 12-step calls, 68/168 shifts covered by 16
people. New schedules are purple for Boulder Cty AA. District 24 lost
503b non-profit status - will re-file. Bridging the Gap - Intergroup has 2
positions open. The Message has open position. Nite Watch - Fwd service is only
for local (303/720) area codes.
Guy/Phonelist): Cake has been "spotty" lately. Update phone
list and print off 10 copies.
- Larry(Clean-up): Nothing new to report. Larry
is looking for successor.
- Ben C.(Archives): Archives position is open.
- Ryan(GSC): not present.
- Ken(Treasurer): Our March contributions showed
up correctly for Q2. Donation to Sister Carmen has been made. $200
reserve balance. March 3 payouts: Boulder County Central Office-$39.75,
District 24-$39.75, Area 10-$39.75, GSO-$39.75, Sister Carmen-$79.55, Area 10 Corrections-$204.
- Michael(Coffee/Setup): not present.
- Ben B.(Secretary/Website): Will post
updated minutes prior to next GC.
- Reviewed prior decision that we
make GSO contributions the 1st week of Feb, May, Aug, Nov to better coincide
with GSO fiscal quarters.
- Craigs action closed - talked to Ken.
- Craig took Action Item to talk to Ryan
about GSC service commitment.
- Dave - brought forth discussion on
whether or not it is ok to publish a local version of the GV, and use
local GV/Message funds. Don put forth motion to support local
version of GV. Group voted in favor with 5 votes. Dave and Ken of
- Don - brought up the fact that we should
keep a backup version of the phonelist. Don suggested that we encrypt the
phonelist file and store on the web-site. Also, we need to periodically
validate the phone #s and names.
- CO volunteer list ownership / Ryan (GSC)
ownership issue. Don takes AI to call Ryan about service commit.
- Craig - proposes taking sobriety
requirements and service commitment time off open positions
- Ben C. would like to switch from Archives
to Cleanup -- Approved.
- Open Positions: Archives, Alt GSR, CPC,
PI, Treatment, Corrections, Bridging Gap, Grapevine
- Don to call Ryan (GSC) regarding