Robbers Roost Men’s Group
Group Conscience Minutes: 8/2/2011
Attendance: Ken, Michael, Dave, Don, Craig, Larry, Mark, Eric
· Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer
· July Minutes approved
o Attended July 18 District 24 meeting:
§ Shared RR fund re-allocation to increase Central Office donations (50:30:10:10).
§ Discussed more InterGroup participation from groups
§ Question if we want an Ad-Hoc committee rep to attend out meeting to discuss anonymity/social-media (see New Business)
o Summer Area Assembly:
§ Numerous GSR/DCM meetings and committee reports (see reports handouts for details)
§ State convention upcoming, chair elected
§ 2012 Summer A-10 assembly is July 15, 2012 in Grand Junction
§ 2013 Summer A-10 assembly at the Denver Marriott
§ High Country newsletter now available via email
§ Bi-Lingual support needed to help translate, contact linguistics committee
§ Web Help/Coordinator needed
§ Treatment workshop upcoming
§ Corrections conference upcoming
§ Area-10 workshop will be supported. Seed money in place.
§ The National AA Archives workshop is Sept 19-27, 2013
§ Liability policy passed, for finance committee officers
§ Fixed annual area-10 assembly weekends was not adopted.
o July 26 IG Meeting:
§ Reported our picnic was a success
§ Reported RR fund re-allocation to increase Central Office donations (50:30:10:10), thanks to RR
§ Asked for suggestions for a RR group inventory moderator (see NB)
§ Asked Bridging-The-Gap coordinator to contact Eric
§ On-line central office volunteer signup not adopted. Requests for more consistent CO volunteer scheduling, but RR is “Awesome”.
§ Boulder-Vine stories solicited
§ State Convention in Loveland, Sept 9-11
§ Preliminary 2012 budget looks good
§ Night Watch now allows forwarding to long-distance area codes.
§ District-34 DCM announced upcoming workshop on sponsorship
§ Spanish speaking AAs needed for 12-step call list.
o Larry to call 2 days prior to remind.
o Quarterly payout: Sister Carmen-$38, Central Office-$38, GSO-$13, Area-10-$13, District-24-$12, Area-10 Corrections-$128.
o Coffee replenished
o 1 pot for summer meetings
· Craig(Cake/CPC/Phone List Coordinator):
o Will attend next CPC meeting
· Eric(Bridging The Gap):
o Trying to contact Ginny, sent
o Trying to contact Ginny, sent paperwork.
o Eric also now attending jail
o Eric also now attending jail meetings
o Books and pamphlets updated
o Books and pamphlets updated
o Let him know if other
literature is wanted
o Let him know if other literature is wanted
o Will get new schedule version
o Will get new schedule version recently printed
· Do we want a District-24 Ad-Hoc committee rep to attend out meeting to discuss anonymity/social-media? NO.
· Bill W has offered to moderate a RR Group Inventory. He says 2-4 hours. A Saturday at 9 AM works. See AA group pamphlet for agenda suggestions, long version of 12 Traditions is common format. Don to make copies of AA Group pamphlet GI questions to hand out.
· Ice coffee next meeting? Michael will bring some to evaluate.
Open Service Positions:
· Craig stands for CPC: accepted unanimous.
· Tim stands for Archives: accepted unanimous.
· Mark stands
· Open Positions: Alt GSR, Grapevine, PI, Treatment
· Don: update the list of open positions
· Don: provide descriptions of all service positions to be posted on web-site (Ben)
· Don: copy AA Group pamphlet Group Inventory questions for RR group to evaluate.
· Craig: Mike/Craig are going to share verifying the phone list