Robbers Roost Men’s Group

Group Conscience Minutes: 6/4/2013

Attendance: Ted, Mirz, Michael, Craig, Larry K., Mike, Gino, Damon, Marc

Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer
• Intros
• May minutes approved


Ted (GSR): decent discussion at the district meeting: whether Living Sober should be published under AA umbrella – for: helping a lot of people, Grapevine publisher; against: stuff contradicting Big Book, not AA approved; LR is asking for volunteers in Lafayette area to create a new 12 step list; area CPC committee interested to speak to groups and what they do.
Michael (Treasurer): copy of Treasurer’s report provided: statement balance as of
5-23-2013: $772.26; outstanding expenses – Lafayette Masonic Temple Ass’n ($250); Colorado Area Committee ($36.10); General Service Office ($36.10); current balance is $450.06; Prudent reserve at $450.00; Pending deposit $450; available balance $451.06; $14.00 donated specifically to Daniel Memorial Scholarship fund; money to be allocated for RR picnic in July.
Larry K. (IGR): committee put together to construct a 12 Step call list – look for information of how that will consolidate (Bridge the Gap, Night Watch, etc.). Currently four different 12 Step call lists – to consolidate for a single list online; Founder’s Day picnic – if you can spare a grill, contact info provided; for new meetings- if meetings need to be updated -> contact Mary at CO by 6/10/2013; IGR open positions: 1st
year coordinator (2 year commitment) –go to groups and get them trained, Night Watch coordinator (2 yr. service); Great Fact AA group potluck for Founder’s Day (6/10, 6:30pm door open, 7pm potluck, 8pm meeting, 9pm fellowship fun). IGR report provided.
Mike (GSC): not here.
Marc (Night Watch): doing well; sign up good thru June; will be gone for 3 weeks, hopes to get the list to be good through July; will still be able to manage the list.
Craig (PIR): did not meet this month, literature rack at Sister Carmen is stocked.
Dave (Phone list): not here;
Jeff (literature rep.): not here
Jeff (Alt. GSR): not here
Damon (Thu. night gate keeper; Coffee/Setup/Cleanup): all is well
David (website coordinator): not here, all good;

Old business: 1) Mirz updated open positions document; 2) voted Ty for Thursday night clean up at on-site GC; 3) Gino unanimously voted as RR new GSC; 4) Mike voted as a RR picnic coordinator

New business: 1) Larry K. to contact Jen (The Message) to place current address for area district, central office, GSO, IGR on The Message; 2) seek out a separate GSC position for Thur. nights; 3) Larry K. to communicate to Mary (CO) to get RR Wednesday night 5-7pm service commitment; 4) Mirz and Craig to announce the open GSC position for Thu. night at Thu. night meetings; 5) Mirz to update the format with clear instructions for the chair person to follow the program of recovery as outlined in the Big Book; 6) RR picnic 7/7/2013

Open Service Positions: literature rep, GSC (Thur. night only), CPC; Grapevine rep.; Thu. night service for CO shift coverage;

Action Items: Mirz to update open service position documents and format documents; Larry

K. to contact Jen (The Message) and Mary at (CO) about addresses and Wed. night shift, respectively.