Robbers Roost Men’s Group

Group Conscience Minutes: 7/2/2013

Attendance: Craig, Ted, Dave, Ari, Gino, Larry K., Michael, Ted, Damon, Don S., Gene, Jeff

Meeting opened with the Serenity Prayer
• Intros
• June minutes approved


Ted (GSR): emergency travel, missed the monthly meeting; attending area 7/19 and
7/20; creation of Sister Carmen 12th step phone list (really local)
Michael (Treasurer): copy of Treasurer’s report provided: statement balance as of
6-24: $1,007.16; no checks outstending; prudent reserve $450.00; pending deposit
$122.00; available valance $679.16; Daniel Memorial Scholarship Fund - $15 donated specifically for this purpose. money to be allocated for RR picnic.
Larry K. (IGR): contacted Jen (The Message) to place current address for area district, central office, GSO, IGR on The Message; communicated to Mary (CO) to get RR Wednesday night 5-7pm service commitment; voted in 1st year coordinator at CO; working with Gino to train people at CO; 12th Step Call List – Nolan and Mary in charge; figuring out how to consolidate phone lists; GSR – funding for Grapevine (funding path has changed); sign up online to get the Message; new schedules are out; Sat. Night Jive – holds workshop 8/3/2013 on different organization’s primary purpose (e.g. Alanon).
Gino (GSC): announcing the service position at Thursday night meeting; sign up is slim; second Sat. of every month 9-11am training; or you can come Monday night or Wed. night to get trained; Mary and other people at CO are receptive to what RR is trying to do; coverage is slow.
Marc (Night Watch): not here
Craig (PIR): PIR meeting last month; did not attend; Sister Carmen rack is filled with literature.
Dave (Phone list): phone list is up to date; bunch of older copies are in the folder.
Damon (Thu. night gate keeper; Coffee/Setup/Cleanup): all is well.
David (website coordinator): all is well; May minutes uploaded
Jeff (Alt. GSR): not here
Ari (Tue. night coffee): all is well

Old business: i) Larry K. contacted Jen (The Message) about addresses and Mary (CO) about Wed. night 5-7pm shift; ii) still seeking out to fill GSC position for Thur. nights; iii) continuing to announce the open GSC position for Thu. night; 5) format was updated with clear instructions - to follow the program of recovery as outlined in the Big Book; 6) RR picnic 7/7/2013

New business: A) RR picnic: a) budget- give receipts to treasury; b) need: grill, tables to set up, someone to show up and reserve a spot, tables and chairs; c) RR picnic commitments: Don, Dave will bring tables and chairs; Jeff will get meat and buns from Costco; Gino will get chips; dishes, etc. leftover from last year; will need to ask people to bring side dishes; B)

Other items: Don S. unanimously voted to be our RR group representative at the national level RR; Ari unanimously voted as new alternative GSR.

Open Service Positions: literature rep, GSC (Thur. night only), CPC; Grapevine rep.; Thu. night service for CO shift coverage; Tuesday night coffee and set-up.

Action Items: Dave to write a mass email reminder about RR picnic.