Robbers Roost Men’s Group
Group Conscience Minutes: 9/2/2014
Attendance: Aaron, Randy, Michael, Dave, Mark, Jeff, Ted
- Intros & July minutes approved
- Ted (GSR): Intergroup is in need of a secretary. District will only be hosting 2 workshops this year. Our alternate GSR has accepted the vacated Co-DCM position, and will not have the time to organize the standard 3 workshops. See below. Joe our Co-DCM (first year) will unfortunately be unable to perform his duties moving forward due to health issues. He is vacating his position as Co-DCM. Raul (our current ALT-DCM) was nominated to replace Joe for the remainder of Joe's trm. The group voted unanimously to approve Raul as our interim Co-DCM. The grapevine representative is seeking help with planning a writing workshop. GV published people are encouraged to participate.
- Craig (Alt GSR): n/a
- Michael G. (Treasurer): Balance 8/25/2014 $704.54 [$450 prudent reserve] w/ $137 cash on hand ; Avail balance $391.54 ; Daniel Memorial Scholarship Fund $166.00
- Gino (Tue. night GSC): n/a
- Jeff (IGR): Term is up - need to open position. Attended IGR, special elections for secretary - David stood for an accepted position as Secretary. David will complete current term & new election in Dec. Nightwatch & Outreach still open. Jeff & another rep taking over Nightwatch. Goal to have all 7 nights covered & coordinate w/ 12 step committee. Still working on whether or not to do non-profit status. Meetings @ harmony regarding Bridge the gap that are open to AA members - sponsorship opportunities. Coming up with new ideas for content for boulder County AA site. The message - considering changing the format to a more compact format. Lots of work going into it presently and that info could be distributed in different ways or modified to reduce overall effort to maintain. Jeff provided birthday envelopes.
- Derrik (CPC): n/a
- David (website coordinator): Minutes up to June posted - Aaron owes current minutes to David to post. Term coming up to open. Will continue..
- Larry M. (Archives): n/a
- Open (Grapevine):
- Mark (literature rep.): n/a
- Mikael (Thu. night GSC): n/a
- Randy (Nightwatch): Still need more volunteers - has been slowing down. Getting more for CO than for this group.
- Dave (Phone list): Updated & will bring it in next week.
- Chris (Tue Coffee/Setup/Cleanup): n/a
- Brandon (Tue Cleanup): n/a
- Mark (Thu Coffee/Setup): n/a
- Dan (Thu Cleanup): n/a
Old business: 1) Dave contacted Cairns Church but got voicemail, will continue attempts 2) Don called and spoke to Ray about building sale, they are auctioning off building contents, at least 3 months before sale 3) Aaron failed to add announcement about exploring a new location 4) Aaron add “Tuesday” to the GC announcement.
Open Service Positions:
- Public Information Rep - Open
- Literature Rep - Ricky approved
- Phone List - Open Nov 1st - Mark nominated
- GSR or alt GSR - (Craig moving to GSR?)
- Intergroup rep - Open
- Treasurer - Open
- Web Site - Open
- Treatment - Open
- Local 12 Step Coordinator - Open?
- Grapevine - Open